Author Topic: If you like world pvp ...  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Grandel

Re: If you like world pvp ...
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »
ED #1 son all else is fucking filler 8)
Prof. Plaguebat | Xyryd | ProfPlaguebat

Offline Xizwhoa

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
Once we wrecked a 200+ raid on Thunder Bluff with 80 ppl, the guild quit wpvping and moved full time to swtor. After that it fucking died.

Long live the Dream.
#teamTyrionHoundAryaDavosDrogon

In memory of Eddard Stark

Winter is Coming

Offline Graush

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
Once we wrecked a 200+ raid on Thunder Bluff with 80 ppl, the guild quit wpvping and moved full time to swtor. After that it fucking died.

Long live the Dream.
What guild was that?

Offline Wylair

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

Transfer the rest of your toons there then if you like it so much better.

Nah, think I'll stay. Sucks for you.

Eh you're a nobody in a nobody guild, nobody cares about you.
  • Wylair, Majesta, Vynnzi, Kezika
Eatin' dem squiddy and dat cake mon!
A.K.A: Majesta, Kezika, Vynnzi, Paula Deen

Offline Xizwhoa

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 03:53:46 AM »
Damn Wylair insult the person, not his guild.
#teamTyrionHoundAryaDavosDrogon

In memory of Eddard Stark

Winter is Coming

Offline Ayllin

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »

Transfer the rest of your toons there then if you like it so much better.

Nah, think I'll stay. Sucks for you.

Eh you're a nobody in a nobody guild, nobody cares about you.

but I do care about Arrowset. He is one of us
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:50:12 AM by Ayllin »
Ultraxion very serious

DO NOT READ MY POSTS; JUST DOWNVOTE THEM ALL!
[/color]

Offline destdros

• Verified
  • Original Dros
  • Character Name: lunox
  • Faction: Horde
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
This is like telling a bunch of lions to go live in a zoo for fresh meat. Is there a way for us to vote to get this thread deleted?
  • Vuldros, Lunox, Destdros, Valavar

At the end of the day, all you have left is reflection.

Offline Aliatril

• Verified
  • I love farming Legendaries.
  • Character Name: Aliatril
  • Faction: Alliance
  • Guild: Lost Odyssey
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
I spent a week with my guild on another server that was dominated by the opposite faction. Was fun for a day, and was there for a week. It's not Emerald Dream it doesn't matter.
Rofl. Which genius in crew thought it was a good idea to go to kt horde? Thats fucking hilarious man...

I don't know if you know the whole situation over there, but after the Crew showed up the world famous guild Ruin stopped live feeding their WPvP that they were sponsored for not long after.  What he ment is they went there to help Horde, only to find out the Alliance guild that ran the server was actually a bunch of zerg happy terribads that when they started losing, cried like babies and stopped fighting.  That is why it ended up being no fun.
  • Mairail, Niamina, Saige, Alunias, Alexeir, Aliatril, Virchum

Offline Aliatril

• Verified
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

Long live the Dream.
What guild was that?

Guild was called Ruin.  They were so big the actually had 3 guilds.  One was for the high rated players (LOL).  One was for the non high rated players (zergers), and the other was for alts I think.  They streamed they WPvP and were pretty well known for it.  Turns out all it took was some experienced skilled WPvP competition and they crumbled.

Offline Lifty

• Global Moderator
  • AP
  • Character Name: Rellisa
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
+1

Long live the Dream.
What guild was that?

Guild was called Ruin.  They were so big the actually had 3 guilds.  One was for the high rated players (LOL).  One was for the non high rated players (zergers), and the other was for alts I think.  They streamed they WPvP and were pretty well known for it.  Turns out all it took was some experienced skilled WPvP competition and they crumbled.

ED #1 W-PVP. All other servers are garbage tbh. No one will leave the capitals for anything. Here, we hate each other so much we'll do anything just to kill the other faction.
  • Lifty, Rellisa

Offline Grandel

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »
+1
Can barely get half the squatters in Orgrimmar or Stormwind to leave as is. How I hate what Blizzard has done to wpvp.

I barely find anyone while I'm questing; so lonely. Granted, I'm not looking to be camped 24/7 by 85s, but it would be nice to see other leveling lowbies out in the world for me to play with. Just about 'squee' at the sight of a similar level alliance doing quests nearby.

Offline Ayllin

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
This is like telling a bunch of lions to go live in a zoo for fresh meat. Is there a way for us to vote to get this thread deleted?

yes, it is called downvoting... oh wait
Ultraxion very serious

DO NOT READ MY POSTS; JUST DOWNVOTE THEM ALL!
[/color]

Offline Zoula

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »

Was that the same Ruin that was in Warhammer?

Offline Tilliehontas

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
I really enjoy the world pvp atmosphere here on Emerald Dream. I recently just transferred here from a very very low population server to pvp with some friends, and its been really fun! I also enjoy the fact that the server is pretty balanced in comparison to other high population servers, like Illidan, KT, and Mal'ganis.
  • Tilliehontas

Offline Saeres

• Global Moderator
  • Character Name: Saeres
  • Guild: GorWatha
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
See I'm not really getting the whole 'Horde and Alliance are balanced on ED'.  Perhaps at one point in time it was in the past.

Pretty much every battle I've shown up to lately involves multiple Alliance guilds sitting in a middle of a Horde capital city killing Horde until a *huge* Horde zerg masses up and eventually pushes them out via attrition.

Open world PvP, rarely find instances where there are more Horde than Alliance at some random town.  Usually it's Alliance initiating and Horde guilds (small ones) trickling in and scrambling to get people to defend *if* they can even get enough people.

Perhaps on a raw population scale there are an equal number of players, but I'm just not seeing the participation Horde side.
  • Saeres
"Kill your enemies and your friends...your country...your people...even yourself...But no matter how many you slaughter it's never enough.  We're nothing but warmongers are we?"- Saeres

Offline Peachi

• Verified
  • Character Name: Peachi
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
Love world pvp, but sometimes I am reprimanded for my conduct whilst ganking... *frownyface*

Offline Takota Earthspear

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
+1
See I'm not really getting the whole 'Horde and Alliance are balanced on ED'.  Perhaps at one point in time it was in the past.

Pretty much every battle I've shown up to lately involves multiple Alliance guilds sitting in a middle of a Horde capital city killing Horde until a *huge* Horde zerg masses up and eventually pushes them out via attrition.

Open world PvP, rarely find instances where there are more Horde than Alliance at some random town.  Usually it's Alliance initiating and Horde guilds (small ones) trickling in and scrambling to get people to defend *if* they can even get enough people.

Perhaps on a raw population scale there are an equal number of players, but I'm just not seeing the participation Horde side.

((

I respectfully disagree with this statement.  Even though you may not "see" the balance, it does exist.  Us "smaller" guilds enjoy smaller fights, and so you may not see us in the large, zerg type battles.  Each person will have their own likes and dislikes.  What I do know though, when I am seeking balanced fighting, I can find it.  And I have been both on the outnumbered, as well as the larger groups that have done WPvP.

))

SIGNATURE REQUESTS: CLOSED | Queue: 5 | MY WORK
Request Sigs in this POST

Offline Hanif

• He of the Giant Dong
  • Global Moderator
  • Character Name: Hanif
  • Guild: is a BURD
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 11:15:41 PM »

Thats as more interest as population.  It goes back and forth, and 6-12 months you'll find it's horde running through Alliance cities.

Sometimes when I'm lying in my bed
I let these voices in my head
Influence me, to some degree
Now I'm not sure of anything

Offline Wylair

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »

Think of the balance like a pendulum here, it swings back and forth. Just a few months ago it was Alliance scrambling to push out Horde invaders wherever the Horde went. 3 months ago I held a Horde pvp outing, and we held out position in Goldshire for a good 30 minutes before a respsonse was formed by the Alliance that was able to slowly push us out.
  • Wylair, Majesta, Vynnzi, Kezika
Eatin' dem squiddy and dat cake mon!
A.K.A: Majesta, Kezika, Vynnzi, Paula Deen

Offline Aliatril

• Verified
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2012, 01:15:50 AM »

Was that the same Ruin that was in Warhammer?

Probably.

Online Atrax

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
+1
you might want to consider paying a visit to the top pvp servers of the opposite faction. I got bored on my alt hunter, so I decided on a lark to transfer him to Illidan, the top horde pvp server. Most fun I've had in the game in a long time. I'll just hang out in the area around The Crossroads, and it's like I'm in a genuine war with a steady stream of Horde attacking. Some of them are really good, but open spaces like that are a kiting dream come true, so it's easy to have decent success as a hunter. Some of them are really sporting about it, allowing 1v1s to happen without interference.

I'll transfer him back to Emerald Dream before the expansion since I don't want to subject myself to trying to level a toon in that environment, but it's a nice place to visit. Just something to consider if you get bored of a lack of world pvp action.

Hi guys, my name's Arrowset, and my throat is to dicks as a quiver is to arrows.

Offline Thankus

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 07:09:51 AM »
I have to agree, overall wpvp on ED is by far the best anywhere.

Whether it is smaller skirmishes or large scale battles, the Dream has it all. And as someone above stated, a lot of the smaller scale fights do fly under the radar.

I love you all...

Offline Grandel

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 07:20:53 AM »
+1
Small scale stuff is way better any day of the week. ZPVP is just about numbers and quickly gets boring.

Offline Zoula

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

I think that the overall numbers are probably the same but the Alliance forces are concentrated into fewer, much larger guilds whereas the Horde are in many smaller guilds. So when you ping Alliance you may still get one guild responsing but it's way more guys at first, where Horde slowly accumulates over time. But with HGWT the initial Alliance zerg happens so quickly now that people get disenfranchised by wiping and disband before the slow train of reinforcements can accrue.

Offline Grandel

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
+1
Once you stir whichever guild hivemind, it's all over. That said, never expect fair fights when CBH is involved. They'll see your pitiful 8 and raise you 32 just to make sure you're stamped out.